Salesforce is by far the largest and most widely-known CRM. This impressive level of success is well-deserved due to the many incredible advantages and extensive resources that Salesforce provides for its users. There are a great many advantages to using this CRM, and different companies may find some more useful and important than others. However, this article will briefly look at the top 5 advantages that have the widest range of applicability and effectiveness for the largest number of users.
Top 5 Advantages of Using Salesforce CRM
1) Ease of Use – It stands to reason that one of the single most important elements of any service is its ease of use, this is particularly true considering that Salesforce CRM is targeted to a broad range of companies and business, many of whom may not have a background in tech and software. For the CRM to reach its full potential it must be easy for even novice users to work with.
Salesforce meets and far exceeds the ease of use requirement by offering its user base an extremely intuitive, simple user interface. Unlike with many other CRMs and related services, there is no need to get involved with coding or to carefully pour through information about product updates. Instead everything is served up in an easy-to-understand format designed to minimize difficulty and inconvenience.
2) Excellent Functionality – Salesforce delivers with an outstanding system of integration and functionality. The CRM provides the backbone service needed to allow easy data collaboration between multiple departments, centralized customer information, an array of reports and statistical options, and the ability to run on any browser, tablet, desktop, or mobile device.
Salesforce also delivers reliable data security and protection, ensuring that sensitive information is not lost or compromised. Salesforce provides your employees with the resources they need to maximize efficiency and productivity. Customers will also benefit from better customer service.
3) Flexibility and Customization – Salesforce has broad applicability for a wide range of different companies and businesses. The key to this successful approach is in its flexibility and customization potential. Salesforce integrates well with a host of different business models because it is able to provide report and analytics that are tailored to the specific needs of its users.
Salesforce further allows companies to measure and monitor the success of their marketing campaigns and to customize these outreach efforts on an on-going, as needed basis. This allows for a fully optimized system that can be automated to function on its own. Salesforce cloud system also means that employees can access it from anywhere at anytime, allowing for incredible flexibility.
4) Outstanding User Resources – In order to provide its hallmark ease of use, as well as to educate its customers on the excellent functionality, flexibility, and customization options that it offers, Salesforce has invested an incredible amount of time, money, and innovation in providing users with an outstanding array of resources. Salesforce offers educational and informative blogs and article posts, it routinely does educational webinars, hosts its own YouTube channel complete with videos covering a full spectrum of topics, and it also publishes a thoroughly comprehensive web-accessible user guide.
The goal of these many varied resources is to empower customers with the ability to quickly find the answers to their questions in whatever way is the most convenient for them. The answer and information is not only out there; it is out there in many different places and formats. However, in addition to all these ‘self-help’ style resources, Salesforce also employs an excellent, knowledgeable, and customer-oriented tech and customer service team that can walk users through any situation or problem that arises.
5) The AppExchange – It is fair to say that apps have exploded in a big way all over the public consciousness in recent years. Nowadays many times the first thing that people do when they want to accomplish something digitally is to check and see if “there is an app for that.” The answer is that with Salesforce’s AppExchange there probably is. This marketplace of easy to access, download, and install apps provides users with even more resources, options, and expanded functionality.
There are apps related to many other big name companies like LinkedIn and Microsoft Outlook which enables full integration of these two services with Salesforce. Additionally the AppExchange is a wellspring of new ideas and capabilities that are being developed and fine tuned at a blinding pace, giving users tools they probably never even dreamed of for connecting with their customers and building deeper relationships.
The five advantages highlighted here are broad enough that they will resonate with just about every Salesforce user. However, the great thing about Salesforce is that provides different benefits to different customers, meeting its users on their own terms and helping them find solutions to their own unique sets of problems and needs. Salesforce is rapidly innovating, and positioning itself to stay competitive and relevant in the cloud and CRM landscape for the long-term. This will allow it to not only hang on to its competitive advantages but to actively increase its capabilities and benefits, making it even more useful to customers from all sectors.
By Kevin Knight